covid-19 policiespolicy adjustments for in-person visits
Dear Valued Voices Families
As we keep up to date on all the latest news/trends, we have made some adjustments to our policies for in-person visits, in order to ensure the safety of our clients, families and team. We have updated our policies and as of June 2020 Valued Voices is following the below enhanced procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Temperature checks upon arrival. Anyone that has a temperature over 100.4 will be sent home and your session will be rescheduled to a later date/time (you will not be billed for the missed session due to sickness, so long as your appointment is rescheduled within 2 weeks).
- Masks must be worn upon arrival by everyone entering Valued Voices. Mask are available upon request.
- If at any time your therapist, or any member of Valued Voices team suspects that your child may be sick, we will immediately call you to come pick up your child and your session will be rescheduled.
- Parents must drop off their child and remain on the premises (in the car or the outside waiting area), and come back up to pick up their child on time.
- It is important that parents/caregivers drop off and pick up on time as we have scheduled clients so that there is little-to-no overlap.
- We will continue following our clinical hour model (50-minutes therapy for 1-hour sessions or 25-minutes therapy for 30-minute sessions). The remaining time (5 or 10 minutes) that is typically used for parent consult, will be used to email you as we want to maintain social distancing and keep the waiting room, therapy rooms, and common areas clear.
- Families must sign a waiver prior to coming into the office. Please update us immediately if there are any changes to any items on the waiver.
- Reducing the number of clients allowed in the office per day, as well as limiting the number of clients that can occupy our space at one time.
- Additional time included between appointments to maintain social distancing.
- If there is more than one client/family that will be in the office at the same time, we will exit client’s through our staff door in order to maintain social distancing.
- All surfaces, doorknobs and materials will be wiped thoroughly with hospital grade disinfectant before and after each client, and sterilized with a professional steam-sterilization equipment at the end of each day.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the office and will be in each therapy room and common areas (although common areas will be closed).
- Masks and gloves will be available and may be asked to be put on, upon request.
- The waiting room is closed. We kindly ask that no parent/caregiver wait in the waiting room at any point. Please remain on the premises and drop off/pick up on time.
- Your therapist will always be wearing a face shield or mask.
- Your therapist will thoroughly clean their hands during, before and after each therapy session.
- Material use will be limited to one use per day, for only one client.
- In addition to our sanitizing guidelines above, your therapist will perform extra sanitization of their materials and office before and after each client.
As healthcare professionals, we are not only passionate and dedicated to our job and our clients, but we always have your safety and best interest in our hearts! We are aware that there are individual needs that we will always try our best to support, so if you have any questions regarding your child/family’s needs, please contact me directly.
Thank you for being so supportive as we navigate through these very different times and for being so flexible with the constant changes happening in our world. We could not have done this without you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]. Thank you again for your dedication, understanding and support!
Founder, Owner, MA-CCC-SLP, RYT
Speech Language Pathologist
Child Communication Specialist
Certified Oral Motor Therapist