a play-based approach to speech and language therapy for autismJoin the 500+ kiddo's who have experience 84% improvement in their ability to request and comment.
Speech and Language Therapy for Autism
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder. Children with ASD can present with differences in social communication, social interactions, and language skills.
What are the signs?
- Avoiding eye contact and social interaction
- Shared attention involves a common focus on something such as people, objects, events or concepts
- Difficulty understanding and using nonverbal and verbal communication skills
- Difficulty with social reciprocity such as engaging in back and forth interactions
- Difficulties with changes in routine or transitions
- Delays in social cognition, including challenges with social interactions
- Delays in acquisition of language
- Delays in play skills
- Difficulty with emotional regulation and behavioral issues
- Sensory aversions and feeding challenges
How does Speech Therapy help?
- Develops and increases the understanding and use of nonverbal and verbal communication skills
- Improves how your child is using words to communicate thoughts, needs, wants, feelings and ideas
- Provides multiple modalities for communication and expression so that your child feels heard and understood in the world
- Provides opportunities for generalization of skills with peers and in a variety of settings
- Increases focus and attention to tasks
- Develops and increases play skills
Treating your child, not their label
Labels themselves are not bad, it’s all in how you see it. We believe children who are on the Autism spectrum simply see the world from a particularly rich sensory perspective. We see that unique outlook as a gift. If you are noticing this, let’s have a chat.
Creating a treatment plan that draws on your child’s strengths
Before starting treatment, we conduct a comprehensive assessment so that we can deeply understand your child’s strengths and what areas require some more love, support, guidance and empowerment from us. Then we create functional and meaningful goals with you in order to help you and your child connect and communicate in ways that feel just right.
Supporting the whole family, because you are your child’s greatest teacher.
Sholeh and the team at Valued Voices have been amazing. Kind, compassionate, supportive and incredibly organized. We have seen immense growth in our daughter’s speech and conversational abilities in the last six months with Valued Voices and would recommend the program to anyone and everyone.
– Katie O